Scalp Micro-Pigmentation (SMP)
BRING BACK HAIRLINE
Scalp Micro-Pigmentation Technique (SMP)
Scalp Micro-pigmentation (SMP) is a cosmetic tattoo which gives an illusion of a close buzz cut hairstyle or density to a thinning crown. Are you tired of wearing caps indoor, realizing you are wearing a cap in almost all your pictures, worried about your thinning hair, receding hairline, baldness, alopecia, or hair transplant scars? Then SMP might be just the solution for your hairloss. During the SMP procedure, we replicate tiny hair follicles to create the look of a full, robust hairline. It is a non surgical, affordable, and very effective hair loss solution. Scalp Micro-pigmentation requires little to no continued maintenance. Clients can continue their lifestyle without any restrictions after SMP procedure. It creates a fresh out of the barbershop buzz cut look as well as a natural soft hairline and gives back confidence and a much younger look.
And if you’re someone who wants to add density to areas that show more of the scalp, SMP can help too.
To get the best result we recommend a second session within 10-14 days of the initial procedure. For maintenance, a touch up is recommended every 4-6 years depending on various factors including skin type, lifestyle, before and after care. Price is based on how much area is to be covered with the treatment. Text us a picture of your bald spot at 781-808-1650 and we can provide you an accurate quote.
SMP Before and After Pictures
SMP Density Fill Before and After Pictures
Client Video Testimonials
THINGS TO CONSIDER FOR SMP
A Consultation is important to determine what you need. Although you’ve read all of the contraindications before booking and followed the Before care for you procedure, we will need to evaluate your skin type, allergies, and any medical conditions. We’ll talk about your lifestyle and scalp routine. We’ll discuss your biggest struggle with any baldness, hair loss or hair thinning and come up with a treatment plan that best suits you.
Hairline Mock Up
After we learn your preference we will draw out the hairline. We will make sure it is symmetrical and matches your face. We don’t start the SMP procedure until you are completely happy with your hairline design. If you were adding density to a specific area, then we circle the areas to ensure the desired area.
The Procedure (1st Session)
Following the hairline mock up, we will start creating small dots to replicate hair follicles. The first session is used to lay the foundation and other sessions are used to build and pack on more density. We will pay careful attention to the follicle hair size and density of your natural hair growth in order to achieve natural results. After this session we book for your second session.
The Procedure (Additional sessions)
During the second or additional sessions, we will reevaluate how you’ve healed and go darker if needed to add density and fill in more details to create the appearance of full, short hair and eliminate any sign of hair loss. We can make minor adjustments to the hair line in these sessions. We make sure the newly added dots are blended into your existing hair for a seamless and natural look. It is normal to need 3-4 sessions depending on the scalp’s natural oils and shedding of skin. Lifestyle is also a factor in the longevity of your results.
ARE YOU AFFECTED?
Candidacy / Contraindications
- Those under 18 years of age
- Women who are pregnant or lactating
- People with glaucoma
- People taking blood thinners (must stop 4 weeks prior to procedure, please advise your doctor)
- People with skin diseases such as psoriasis, eczema and undiagnosed rashes or blisters on the site is to be treated
- People with allergies to makeup or pigments
- Those easily triggered post inflammatory hyper-pigmentation are not good candidates Those with transmitted low blood conditions like HIV or hepatitis Active skin cancer in the area to be tattooed
- If you are a hemophiliac
- Having healing disorders, uncontrolled blood pressure or had mitral valve disorder. Those on any skin medication such as Accutane or steroids- which thin and over sensitize the skin
- People who are anemic
- People prone to keloids
THINGS TO CONSIDER BEFORE SMP Procedure
Please read the below before care prior to coming in because we want the best skin possible.
2 weeks before SMP:
- Do not tan 2 weeks prior or have a sunburned damaged skin.
- No alcohol 48 hours before the procedure.
- Drink water and get hydrated for optimal ink retention.
24 hours before SMP:
- No caffeine 24 hours before the procedure.
- Please consult your doctor. We suggest refraining from blood thinning medications unless it is prescribed by your doctor. Aspirin, Ibuprofen, Niacin, Coumadin are all blood thinning medications and will interfere with the procedure and final results if there is too much blood pushing pigment out while our artist is working hard to deposit pigments.
- Avoid garlic, ginger, ginkgo, dong quai, pineapples, turmeric, or cinnamon. These are natural blood thinners.
- Avoid working out or strenuous exercises as this increases blood flow.
- Avoid thermogenic and stimulates that elevates blood pressure and blood flow.
- Make sure you’re hydrated prior to your appointment, this helps the skin to accept ink better.
- For men who are needing the hairline as discussed during the consultation, cut your hair the night before the appointment. SMP works best on closely shaved scalps (wet shave or grade 0-1).
- For density treatments, you DO NOT need to cut your hair.
- Wash and exfoliate your scalp to remove any dead skin cells
- Moisturize your scalp
- Get a good night’s sleep to make sure you are well rested for the procedure.
The day of SMP:
- IMPORTANT: Enjoy a real meal before coming in for the procedure. This allows us to not feel rushed as well as increasing pain tolerance.
- Don’t use any oily, wax products on your head.
THINGS TO CONSIDER AFTER SCALP MICROPIGMENTATION
Your Mid-treatment After Care Guidelines.
You are on your way to a style you’ll love. Follow these simple guidelines to ensure the proper healing of your Scalp Micropigmentation treatment.
General Post Treatment
- Avoid chlorinated pools, saunas, steam rooms, and tanning beds for 28 days post final session.
5 Days Post Session
What you CANNOT do:
- Sweat heavily (avoid intense exercise)
- Scrub and shampoo treated area
- Shave over treated area
- Expose to long-term sunlight
- Touch with hands.
What you CAN do:
- Wear a hat or skullcap
- Light dab area with wet cloth; light rinse is OK-do NOT soak
- Sleep anyway you wish
- Drink plenty of water
- Take medication as prescribed
After 5 Days (Until you return for follow up treatment)
What you CANNOT do:
- Scratch scalp or at any tiny scabbing
- Use any shampoos or exfoliants
- Use any self tanners or skin irritants
What you CAN do:
- Carefully shave or cut your hair
- Lightly rinse with water and soap
- Apply a fragrance-free moisturizer
- Resume light exercise
Frequently Asked Questions
The price is based on how much work is needed. Send us a picture of your bald spot at 781-808-1650 and we can provide you the price. Average cost would be between $1000 – $4000.
Pain is subjective and varies from person to person. This is a cosmetic tattoo procedure which means that, yes, some parts can be painful. Numbing cream does not get used during this process. To limit your pain, please refrain from consuming caffeine the day of, avoid alcohol for 48 hours prior to your appointment time, and don’t use cannabis right before as this enhances sensitivity to pain. For women, being on your menstrual cycle can also cause sensitivity.
It is not recommended to microblade (make hairlike cuts) into the scalp. It does not heal well and it is strongly not advised by other scalp master trainers. We do not offer microblading in the scalp.
It takes approximately 10 days for the scalp to heal.
No it doesn’t. Pigment is deposited into the top layer of the dermis layer of the skin and not deep enough to touch the hair follicle. It doesn’t cause hair loss and it doesn’t help with hair growth either.
We ask that you avoid direct sunlight for 2 weeks, you can wear a hat.
Don’t shampoo your hair for 5 days. You can rinse your scalp with water for the first few days.
Avoid sweating excessively for two weeks.
Yes absolutely. We like to add density for women to limit the appearance of the scalp. Goodbye bald spots!
We practice universal precautions. Our artists are required to get training annually to ensure our knowledge is up to date to keep the community safe.
After each client, the treatment room and beds are disinfected with Cavicide killing TB, MRSA, HIV-1, HBV, HCV, basically viruses, bacteria, fungus, and blood-borne pathogens.
Our artists work with nitrile gloves that are puncture resistant and FDA compliant. You won’t need to worry about latex allergies either since we don’t bother stocking our inventory with it!
All needles are all one time use. Pigments are proudly vegan friendly, FDA approved and are made in the USA.