A Non Surgical Solution to Hairloss
What is Scalp Micropigmentation (SMP)?
Scalp MicroPigmentation (SMP) is an incredibly effective, non-surgical solution to hair loss that provides a long-term result with minimal maintenance. It involves replicating tiny hair follicles using a cosmetic tattoo which creates the illusion of a close buzz cut hairstyle or adds density to a thinning crown. This innovative approach gives people suffering from hair loss confidence and comfort knowing they have a viable option that requires little time and effort to maintain. The procedure is affordable and offers numerous advantages over other hair restoration methods such as no scarring, shorter recovery period, and natural looking results that are virtually undetectable. With SMP you can get back your youthful look in no time and flaunt it!
SMP is an art form that requires a human touch, and the experienced practitioner will take great care in personalizing each treatment to ensure natural-looking results. While this technique offers short-term results—a matter of weeks before you’ll see changes—SMP has also proven to be incredibly long-lasting, with clients rarely needing maintenance sessions for up to four years or longer. The process typically takes two to three appointments spaced 10–14. days apart; the first session is about establishing the foundation, then increasing density in the second, and perfecting everything during the third. As for cost, it varies based on how much area needs coverage but can range from $1,000. to $4,000. In order to get started text us a picture of your bald spot at 781-808-1650 and we can provide you an accurate quote.
SMP Before and After Pictures
SMP Density Fill Before and After Pictures
SMP Client Video Testimonials
THINGS TO CONSIDER FOR SMP
A Scalp Micropigmentation (SMP) consultation is the essential first step in reclaiming your confidence and restoring a full-looking head of hair. Experienced practitioners, like myself, understand that every client’s journey is unique and requires specialized attention. During my SMP consultations, I take the time to assess your skin type, any allergies or medical conditions you may have, lifestyle choices and scalp routine. Through open dialogue, we’ll come up with an individualized plan tailored to fit your needs and address your biggest concerns about baldness, hair loss or thinning. With the right treatment options, together we can create realistic results that make all the difference!
Hairline Mock Up
Creating a natural-looking hairline is essential before beginning any Scalp Micropigmentation (SMP) procedure. To ensure maximum satisfaction, we take the time to craft and customize a hairline that perfectly complements your facial structure and matches your desired style—be it a modern straight out of the barbershop look or a more subtle faded effect. After carefully consulting with you on your preference, we draw out the hairline, making sure it is completely symmetrical and accurately reflects the agreed upon vision. If adding density to a particular area has been requested, then we circle these sections for clarity, taking extreme care to make sure all areas are covered to your complete satisfaction. Only once we have achieved this does the SMP procedure begin.
The Procedure (1st Session)
The first session of the Scalp Micropigmentation (SMP) procedure is all about laying the groundwork. Our experienced team will carefully consider the size and density of your natural hair growth to ensure that results appear naturally. To start, we use a hairliner mock up to create small dots which replicate individual follicles. This foundational stage sets us up for success when it comes time to build upon the work accomplished in this initial step with further sessions. With our attention to detail and commitment to excellence, you can be assured that each subsequent visit will get you closer and closer to achieving beautiful results!
The Procedure (Additional sessions)
During the second session of Scalp Micropigmentation (SMP), we reexamine your healing progress to darken any light areas and add more depth for a fuller, shorter hair look that hides bald spots. We also make slight modifications to the hairline to ensure an even more seamless integration into your existing locks. Our skilled technicians use their expertise to delicately blend the newly implanted dots with your own strands, creating a completely natural aesthetic that you’ll be proud to show off.
ARE YOU AFFECTED?
Candidacy / Contraindications
- Those under 18 years of age
- Women who are pregnant or lactating
- People with glaucoma
- People taking blood thinners (must stop 4 weeks prior to procedure, please advise your doctor)
- People with skin diseases such as psoriasis, eczema and undiagnosed rashes or blisters on the site is to be treated
- People with allergies to makeup or pigments
- Those easily triggered post inflammatory hyper-pigmentation are not good candidates Those with transmitted low blood conditions like HIV or hepatitis Active skin cancer in the area to be tattooed
- If you are a hemophiliac
- Having healing disorders, uncontrolled blood pressure or had mitral valve disorder. Those on any skin medication such as Accutane or steroids- which thin and over sensitize the skin
- People who are anemic
- People prone to keloids
THINGS TO CONSIDER BEFORE SMP Procedure
SMP Before Care
Please read the below before care prior to coming in because we want the best skin possible.
2 weeks before SMP:
- Do not tan 2 weeks prior or have a sunburned damaged skin.
- No alcohol 48 hours before the procedure.
- Drink water and get hydrated for optimal ink retention.
24 hours before SMP:
- No caffeine 24 hours before the procedure.
- Please consult your doctor. We suggest refraining from blood thinning medications unless it is prescribed by your doctor. Aspirin, Ibuprofen, Niacin, Coumadin are all blood thinning medications and will interfere with the procedure and final results if there is too much blood pushing pigment out while our artist is working hard to deposit pigments.
- Avoid garlic, ginger, ginkgo, dong quai, pineapples, turmeric, or cinnamon. These are natural blood thinners.
- Avoid working out or strenuous exercises as this increases blood flow.
- Avoid thermogenic and stimulates that elevates blood pressure and blood flow.
- Make sure you’re hydrated prior to your appointment, this helps the skin to accept ink better.
- For men who are needing the hairline as discussed during the consultation, cut your hair the night before the appointment. SMP works best on closely shaved scalps (wet shave or grade 0-1).
- For density treatments, you DO NOT need to cut your hair.
- Wash and exfoliate your scalp to remove any dead skin cells
- Moisturize your scalp
- Get a good night’s sleep to make sure you are well rested for the procedure.
The day of SMP:
- IMPORTANT: Enjoy a real meal before coming in for the procedure. This allows us to not feel rushed as well as increasing pain tolerance.
- Don’t use any oily, wax products on your head.
THINGS TO CONSIDER AFTER SCALP MICROPIGMENTATION
SMP After Care
Your Mid-treatment After Care Guidelines.
You are on your way to a style you’ll love. Follow these simple guidelines to ensure the proper healing of your Scalp Micropigmentation treatment.
General Post Treatment
- Avoid chlorinated pools, saunas, steam rooms, and tanning beds for 28 days post final session.
5 Days Post Session
What you CANNOT do:
- Sweat heavily (avoid intense exercise)
- Scrub and shampoo treated area
- Shave over treated area
- Expose to long-term sunlight
- Touch with hands.
What you CAN do:
- Wear a hat or skullcap
- Light dab area with wet cloth; light rinse is OK-do NOT soak
- Sleep anyway you wish
- Drink plenty of water
- Take medication as prescribed
After 5 Days (Until you return for follow up treatment)
What you CANNOT do:
- Scratch scalp or at any tiny scabbing
- Use any shampoos or exfoliants
- Use any self tanners or skin irritants
What you CAN do:
- Carefully shave or cut your hair
- Lightly rinse with water and soap
- Apply a fragrance-free moisturizer
- Resume light exercise
Frequently Asked Questions
The price is based on how much work is needed. Send us a picture of your bald spot at 781-808-1650 and we can provide you the price. Average cost would be between $1000 – $4000.
Pain is subjective and varies from person to person. This is a cosmetic tattoo procedure which means that, yes, some parts can be painful. Numbing cream does not get used during this process. To limit your pain, please refrain from consuming caffeine the day of, avoid alcohol for 48 hours prior to your appointment time, and don’t use cannabis right before as this enhances sensitivity to pain. For women, being on your menstrual cycle can also cause sensitivity.
It is not recommended to microblade (make hairlike cuts) into the scalp. It does not heal well and it is strongly not advised by other scalp master trainers. We do not offer microblading in the scalp.
It takes approximately 10 days for the scalp to heal.
No it doesn’t. Pigment is deposited into the top layer of the dermis layer of the skin and not deep enough to touch the hair follicle. It doesn’t cause hair loss and it doesn’t help with hair growth either.
We ask that you avoid direct sunlight for 2 weeks, you can wear a hat.
Don’t shampoo your hair for 5 days. You can rinse your scalp with water for the first few days.
Avoid sweating excessively for two weeks.
Yes absolutely. We like to add density for women to limit the appearance of the scalp. Goodbye bald spots!
We practice universal precautions. Our artists are required to get training annually to ensure our knowledge is up to date to keep the community safe.
After each client, the treatment room and beds are disinfected with Cavicide killing TB, MRSA, HIV-1, HBV, HCV, basically viruses, bacteria, fungus, and blood-borne pathogens.
Our artists work with nitrile gloves that are puncture resistant and FDA compliant. You won’t need to worry about latex allergies either since we don’t bother stocking our inventory with it!
All needles are all one time use. Pigments are proudly vegan friendly, FDA approved and are made in the USA.
ARE YOU READY?